Sunday, April 10, 2011

Crysis Averted

Yes, i'm fully aware that I spelled 'crisis' wrong. I thought i'd use that word because there's a PC game out there called 'Crysis' and the main character is apparently called 'Alcatraz'.

This past week had been chaotic at best. Not only was I swamped with a hundred and eight things to do (and if you get my 1-0-8 reference, then you're a hardcore fan too), I was also on the edge, along with the whole company, because of the impending government budget decision. We hoped for the best but prepared for the worst.

If a decision wasn't reached, that meant Alcatraz Island - and the rest of the National Parks - would've been shut down temporarily. Chaos would've ensued.

I was assigned to do certain things that took time away from my regular duties. I felt bad for not being able to work on or finish certain things, but more important things had to be done before Friday ended.

So what was the fruit of all my hard work? Nothing. It was a good "nothing" though because that meant it would be business as usual next week, and no one would get their hours cut. Win for everyone!

I'm no longer dreading next week. I have a new project to look forward to and it sounds like fun! At least i'll be out of the office for half the day everyday all week.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.7

3 comments:

Raft3r said...

hehe
i know how you feel
=P

laieesha said...

Yeah, you guys would've been affected too. Then it would be vacation for everyone, yay! hehe

Raft3r said...

nyahaha
oo, nga eh
sayang
hehe

happy easter, lai!